Donald Trump has gone from long-shot contender to the Republican party’s presumptive nominee for president with a crushing win in Indiana that forced his main rivals Ted Cruz and John Kasich out of the race on May 4, 2016.
Addressing jubilant supporters at Trump Tower in New York after romping to his seventh straight state-wide victory, the real estate mogul promised them: “We’re going to win in November, and we’re going to win big, and it’s going to be America first.”
Trump on Global Warming
On global warming, Trump has repeatedly stated or tweeted as follows:
- Global warming is a “hoax,” echoing the words of leading Senate climate skeptic Sen. Jim Inhofe.
- Trump has mocked Obama for saying that climate change is the top global priority, especially as compared to Islamic terrorism and rogue nuclear states like Iran and North Korea.
- Other countries, especially China, push global warming hysteria to cripple the U.S. economy and gain competitive advantage.
- Trump has ridiculed Obama’s climate “deal” with China in which the U.S. cuts its CO2 emissions now while China gets away with a commitment to only possibly peak its emissions by 2030.
- When global temperatures failed to rise as predicted by climate models, “global warming” became “climate change.”
- Global warming hysteria is being pushed by “Jonathan Gruber-types,” the infamous architect of Obamacare who called Americans “stupid.”
- Trump has observed that the polar ice caps are not melting as predicted by global warming hysterics.
These are all key points made by climate skeptics. Trump has made them consistently without any waffling.